It's actually been a couple weeks since I've been out. I have been spending a lot of time at home with the kids since Elliot has been traveling without me. However, I did thankfully get out without the twins the night before Elliot's designation from the Indians.
I took just Blake and hit up the game on that Friday, feeling good that I had finally gotten down to my pre-pregnancy weight. I know all you moms know what I'm talking about. You seriously want to rejoice when the scale says the same number it said before. Hallelujah!
I bought the peplum I'm wearing from Piperlime during spring training. I love wearing peplums, but I hadn't been to where I wanted to be post pregnancy until now to wear it. I decided pre-pregnancy weight status was a good reason to celebrate and wear it.
It was chilly in Cleveland that night, so I threw my favorite Velvet by Graham and Spencer jacket over the top, and paired it all with my Joes Jeans. I finished it off with some Jessica Simpson peep toe pumps and I was ready to get out and celebrate.
I have to admit that I haven't been as concerned this time as I was after Blake to get back in shape. Maybe I'm too tired, or maybe there is just no time with the kids yet. After Blake, I was 30 day shredding and running on the treadmill as soon as the doctor said it was ok. I gained 50 lbs in my pregnancy with him and I was ready to lose it. With the twins, I actually only gained 30 lbs.
This was me just a few days before I had the twins in October. Holy Belly! You may think I look small for twins, but my belly was seriously much bigger than it was with just Blake, and I also had the twins at 33 weeks. They were small when they were born, weighing in at just 3 lb 12 oz and 4 lb 2 oz. Itty bits. But that's another story for another time.
I think it's funny that I was so concerned with my weight when I was pregnant with Blake, and I gained 50 lbs. With the twins, I assumed I would get bigger and didn't feel the need to worry about it much, and then ended up gaining way less, even though I only had them 3 weeks earlier than I had Blake.
I knew the weight would eventually come off, and it definitely took longer than last time. My current workout consists of carrying twins and swinging on a swingset with a 4 year old. I know I have time to get back into the shape I was in before I got pregnant with the twins (I ran a half marathon a month before I got pregnant). I'm glad I went into it in the best shape I could be in before, but for now, I'm just focusing on trying to make healthy food choices and leaving it at that until I have more time.
How did you lose the weight after babies?

